Welcome! The following checklist will help you get organized and prepared to homeschool your child for fourth grade. I recommend allowing yourself a week or two to complete this checklist so you can take your time with the material. But if necessary, it is possible to complete it over a weekend.
Step #1: Download the Fourth Grade Core Knowledge Curriculum
Step #2: Download the Year 5 MEP Math Curriculum
Step #3: Download the Daily Fourth Grade Homeschooling Schedule
Step #4: Download the Fourth Grade School Supply List
Step #5: Learn to Use the Fourth Grade CK History & Geography Curriculum
- View and Download the Fourth Grade CKHG Unit-Specific Prep Checklist
- Review the Fourth Grade Unit-Specific Prep Checklist for Unit 1: Using Maps
- Read the Introduction Section of the Fourth Grade CKHG Teacher’s Guide for Unit 1: Using Maps
Step #6: Learn to Use the Fourth Grade CK Science Curriculum
- Read the Introduction Section of the Fourth Grade CKSci Teacher’s Guide for Unit 1: Energy Transfer and Transformation
Step #7: Learn to Use the Fourth Grade CK Language Arts Curriculum
- View and Download the Fourth Grade CKLA Unit-Specific Prep Checklist
- Review the Unit-Specific Prep Checklist for Unit 1: Brown Girl Dreaming
- Read the Introduction Section of the Fourth Grade CKLA Teacher’s Guide for Unit 1: Brown Girl Dreaming
Step #8: Learn to Use the Year 5 MEP Math Curriculum
- Read through the first 2-5 lessons to become familiar with the methods and flow
Before Starting a New Unit (Any CK subject)
- Review the Introduction Section in the Teacher’s Guide for the New Unit
- Review the Unit-Specific Prep Checklist (for CKSci see supply list in Teacher’s Guide)
- Gather Any Special Supplies Needed
The Core Knowledge Foundation is a non-profit organization and has generously made their curriculum free to download. If you are able to, please consider making a donation to support their ongoing curriculum development efforts.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. These small commissions help offset the costs of producing and hosting this content.
Core Knowledge, CKLA, CKHG, and CKSci are registered marks of the Core Knowledge Foundation
Amplify is a registered mark of Amplify Education, Inc.
MEP Math has been made available through the Centre for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching