Welcome! The following checklist will help you get organized and prepared to homeschool your child for fifth grade. I recommend allowing yourself a week or two to complete this checklist so you can take your time with the material. But if necessary, it is possible to complete it over a weekend.
Step #1: Download the Fifth Grade Core Knowledge Curriculum
Step #2: Download the Year 6 MEP Math Curriculum
Step #3: Download the Daily Fifth Grade Homeschooling Schedule
Step #4: Download the Fifth Grade School Supply List
Step #5: Learn to Use the Fifth Grade CK History & Geography Curriculum
- View and Download the Fifth Grade CKHG Unit-Specific Prep Checklist
- Review the Fifth Grade Unit-Specific Prep Checklist for Unit 1: World Lakes
- Read the Introduction Section of the Fifth Grade CKHG Teacher’s Guide for Unit 1: World Lakes
Step #6: Learn to Use the Fifth Grade CK Science Curriculum
- Read the Introduction Section of the Fifth Grade CKSci Teacher’s Guide for Unit 1: Investigating Matter
Step #7: Learn to Use the Fifth Grade CK Language Arts Curriculum
- View and Download the Fifth Grade CKLA Unit-Specific Prep Checklist
- Review the Unit-Specific Prep Checklist for Unit 1: They Call Me Güero
- Read the Introduction Section of the Fifth Grade CKLA Teacher’s Guide for Unit 1: They Call Me Güero
Step #8: Learn to Use the Year 6 MEP Math Curriculum
- Read through the first 2-5 lessons to become familiar with the methods and flow
Before Starting a New Unit (Any CK subject)
- Review the Introduction Section in the Teacher’s Guide for the New Unit
- Review the Unit-Specific Prep Checklist (for CKSci see supply list in Teacher’s Guide)
- Gather Any Special Supplies Needed
The Core Knowledge Foundation is a non-profit organization and has generously made their curriculum free to download. If you are able to, please consider making a donation to support their ongoing curriculum development efforts.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. These small commissions help offset the costs of producing and hosting this content.
Core Knowledge, CKLA, CKHG, and CKSci are registered marks of the Core Knowledge Foundation
Amplify is a registered mark of Amplify Education, Inc.
MEP Math has been made available through the Centre for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching